Friday, August 15, 2008

Skype

I wanted to post a short blog about Skype. Skype is a way to communicate with people long distance. It's a FREE download on the internet & here's how it works: First, you need a webcam (I got mine for $15 from Walmart). Make sure it says it's compatible with Skype. You also need to have a fast internet connection- anything besides dial-up will work. Then you download Skype & you have any friends or relatives who live far away do the same thing (they need a webcam too). Using the Skype on your computer you can "call" others who have Skype & talk with them "face to face" over the internet (with the webcams, of course) FOR FREE!! In other words, Skype to Skype is free & your friends & relatives can actually see you or your kiddies. It's awesome! I'm sure my explanation of how it works isn't very good, so go to the website to find out more. Anyway, this is how the kids & I will see & talk with Dave over the next several months while he is away. Did I mention it's free?

1 comment:

Paige and Family said...

you've done it now..you cant get rid of us anymore! I think we have a webcam...